- Published Date
- Written by Mark Bin
Advancing age is a natural phenomenon that cannot be controlled or stopped and it is inevitable. Appearance is a major determinant of age and we tend to estimate people’s age by looking at their physical features and appearance.
While we cant make the aging process stop, we can take several measures that will slow the impact of aging in terms of appearance. Considering that the youth hormones start to lessen in the body with increasing age, there are various foods that you can consume, which will enhance the production of these hormones in the body. As a result of consuming these foods, you will not only appear young, but will also feel young. These are the foods that leave a fabulous effect on your energy levels as well as brainpower and enhance your skin radiance as well as the strength of the muscles and bones. Eternal youth is a superhuman quality and you can also attain part of the quality to make the appearance and feeling of you amazing youth years to last longer. With regards to the foods, there are some that are rich in nutrients that lend youthfulness for the body as well as mind.
· Berries: Berries including raspberries, strawberries, cranberries and especially blueberries have fabulous effects where your health where youthfulness is concerned. These possess strong cancer-fighting qualities and they are nutrition-rich. In a cup of blueberries, you will find 25% of the Vitamin C that your body requires. Other than this, there are also high levels of manganese and fibre in blueberries, which are vital for bone strength and quicken the metabolism for a healthy and fitter body. When it comes to looking younger, strawberries provide the necessary Vitamin C to the body and is responsible for boosting the collagen levels, leading to much smoother and firmer skin. This also means fewer fine lines, the presence of which is a clear indication of age.
· Green Veggies: There is a wealth of nutrients present in green vegetables. There is a wide range of vitamins in these vegetables. Among some of the best dark green vegetables are spinach, broccoli and kale. The darker their green color is, the richer in nutrients they are. These have high levels of minerals and vitamins and they lead to regeneration as well as repair of body cells. You can consume these youth foods in the raw form and you can also mix these vegetables with others to make a salad and can also consume them in cooked form in your favorite foods. Other green veggies, which are widely known as cruciferous vegetables, include bok choy, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower. All of these vegetables have naturally occurring substances that are known for their properties of neutralizing cancer-causing chemicals in their body. These vegetables also lead to healthy skin that is appealing and young in appearance.
· Citrus Fruits: These fruits are amazing sources of Vitamin C that strengthens the immune system. These also play a significant role in keeping your skin healthy and fresh by providing it the essential Vitamin C that is needs. These fruits can also boost the collagen levels, leading to skin that is free of fine lines, looking ever young and fresh.
· Romaine Lettuce: It has amazing amounts of Vitamin A, which are essential for the revitalization of the skin. Eating Romaine lettuce can help in increasing cell turnover. Romaine lettuce also contains potassium, which can refresh the skin by improving the blood circulation. This means a younger and fresh looking you at any age.
· Tomatoes: There are many other factors that, upon combining with aging, can have adverse effects on the skin. Sunburn is one of these factors, which can make the skin look worn out and exhausted. To avoid this and ensure a younger and healthier appearance, tomatoes work really effectively. With advancing age, wrinkles appear on the skin and it tends to sag. Tomatoes can also make the sagging go away. This becomes possible with the collagen, which is a major mineral found in tomatoes. You should now start consuming more tomatoes in your salad because they can also reduce the fine lines and furrows that appear with the advancement of age.
· Soy: Wrinkles and fine lines are characteristics of aging skin and always give away one’s age to others. If you wish to look younger, soy is one of the many foods that can help you obtain firm and smooth younger looking skin.
· Eggs: Besides aging, environmental factors are also responsible for quickening the aging process when it comes to appearance. UV damage is one of these factors that can be remedied with the use of eggs. If you wish for a young looking skin even at an older age, you can make eggs part of your diet to gain soft and firm skin, which looks well hydrated.
· Low-fat dairy products:Vitamin A is one of the most important and essential minerals required for a healthy and young looking skin. Dairy products are the best sources for this Vitamin A and maintain the health of the skin at the optimal level. These foods leave a fabulous impact on the skin. One of the most beneficial of these foods is yogurt.
· Nuts: Nuts have some fabulous properties, which are very useful for your physical health and can also lead to a younger appearance. Almonds and walnuts are among the most widely known nuts that allow you to have a healthy and young skin. Consuming a handful of almonds daily boosts natural Vitamin E levels, which offers the necessary antioxidants for the skin to keep it healthy. This also gives the skin the necessary moisture it needs. As one gets older, the skin tends to become drier. Walnuts have amazing properties to counter these indications of age. The omega-3 fat in the walnuts give the needed moisture to the skin and keep it moist and supple.
· Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Oil is an essential for cooking and making food, whether it is cooked food or salads. The oil contains fatty acids, which can keep the skin safe from UV damage.
· Apples: Among the fruits, apples are really useful for a younger looking skin. There are antioxidants in the peel of apples and they are also rich in protein. It is because of this reason that you should eat the peel as well next time you are eating an apple.
· Water: If you are wishful of having a young and healthy skin at all ages, water is something you should consume. You ought to drink about 2 liters of water everyday so that your skin remains free of impurities and is clean and healthy.
· Salmon and other fish: Salmon as well as sardines and rainbow trout offer high levels of omega-3 and omega-6, which are essential for keeping the skin healthy and supple.
· Whole-grain foods: These foods include whole-wheat bread as well as cereals and can be a great source of useful minerals for the skin. These prevent sunburn and they are also useful in cell formation, hence optimal for maintaining the health of the skin. These foods are rich in fibre and hence, they are really filling, leaving less room for other foods that are rich in insulin levels that can cause skin breakouts.
· Green Tea: This is rich in antioxidants and works really well for purifying the skin. Green tea can make you look younger and can make your skin look fresh.
With all these fabulous foods, it has now become possible for you to eat your way towards a younger and more beautiful appearance. Even when you are advancing in age, you can keep your skin supple and healthy, which will make you look healthy and many years younger than your age. The best aspect about all the foods discussed above is that they are really good for the health and have many healthy properties to prevent diseases as well. Hence, no matter what your age is, these foods can be used for a younger looking you.
No matter how many products you are using for a healthy and younger skin, there is nothing that works quite like the natural foods that can contribute significantly towards a younger looking you. These foods posses the kinds of minerals and Vitamins that are going to preserve your skin at its best and will make your young appearance last for a long time. This means that even if you get older, people will not be able to tell your true age by looking at your appearance.
The experts have recommended all of these foods. It is after years of extensive research that nutritionists have found the properties of these foods and their impact on the aging process as well as the qualities of the skin that keep the appearance young and healthy. Consumption of these foods will not only result in a younger appearance and look, but will also make your body immune to certain serious conditions, which are going to have an impact on your health as well as skin and appearance. It is due to all these potential benefits that the experts recommend that these foods should be made a regular part of the diet.